Egg Curry recipe:
I usually make egg curry without the veggies. This time for a change, I’ve included drumstick and potatoes. It was flavourful, aromatic and tasted really good that I wanted to share the recipe on Sarah’s Kitchen.
4 eggs (boiled)
1 Medium sized potato (cut into 4 pieces and pressure cook for 1 whistle)
1 drumstick (cut into two inch pieces)
1&1/2 medium sized onion (coarsely grind it)
2 tomatoes (finely grind it)
1 tbl spn ginger garlic paste
1/4 cup coconut(roughly one quarter of the whole medium sized coconut)
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
2 tbl spn chilli powder
2 tbl spn coriander powder
Few sprigs of coriander leaves
1/2 small sized lemon
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 dry bay leaves
2 red chilly
2 stalks of curry leaves
1. Heat 3 tbl spn oil in a pan. Add all the seasoning ingredients mentioned above. Sauté for a minute
2. Add the coarsely ground onion and sauté until the color changes. Now add the ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell goes off.
3. Add the tomato puree and sauté until the raw smell of tomato goes off.
4. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and sauté till oil separates from the sides.
5. Add the half cooked potato, drumstick and saute for a minute. Then add 1 cup water – let the curry cook for 5 minutes with closed lid
6. Make slight slits on the sides of the boiled eggs and add the eggs to the curry. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Grind the quartered coconut with fennel seeds – add little water.
8. Strain the coconut milk and add it to the curry. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame.
9. Squeeze the lemon juice over the curry, sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves on the top and serve hot with rice or roti
Note: Instead of coarsely ground onion, finely chopped onions can be used. It has to be sautéed until golden brown