Mushroom Paneer Chukka Fry Recipe: Paneer also called Indian cheese is a good source of Protein and Calcium. Serves as excellent side dish for Naan/Kulcha/Roti. I have prepared this similar to the South Indian chukka fry recipe. Tastes really good with rice.
2 cup mushroom (quartered button mushroom)
1 cup soft paneer ( half inch pieces/cubes)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tbl spn ginger garlic paste(freshly pounded)
2 green chillies ( finely chopped )
1 red chilly
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn pepper powder
1/2 tspn cummin powder
1/2 tbl spn chilli powder
1/2 small sized lemon
1 stalk of curry leaves
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
Salt to taste
1. Heat 2tbl spn oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds and red chilly. Then add the finely chopped onion and sauté till it turns golden brown
2. Add ginger garlic paste and the green chilies. Sauté until the raw smell goes off.
3. Now add the mushroom, salt and sauté for a minute. Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, cummin powder and stir well so that the spices get mixed with the mushroom. Sprinkle water and cook for 2 minutes with closed lid.
4. Open the lid and stir for a minute until all moist from the mushroom dries up.
5. Push the mushroom to one side of the pan. Now add the paneer cubes to the other side. Sprinkle coriander and pepper powder over the paneer cubes. Add 1/2 tbl spn oil over the paneer.
6. Gently turn the paneer and cook for a minute or so.
7. Now add the curry leaves and gently mix the mushroom with the paneer and cook for 30 sec.
7. Switch off the stove and add lemon juice
8. Serve hot with rice or roti.