White chickpea curry recipe: This is one of my all time favourite recipe that I’ve learnt from my mom. All credit goes to her. Tastes good with idli, dosa, roti and rice.
1 cup chickpeas ( soaked overnight and boiled)
2 medium size potato ( boiled & halved)
1 & 1/2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
2 medium sized tomatoes( blend it in a mixer to a fine purée)
1 tblspn ginger garlic paste
2 green chillies(slit into halves)
2 tbl spn curd
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1 tbl spn chilli powder
2 tbl spn coriander powder
1 tspn fennel seeds
1 stalk of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
1/2 small sized lemon
Salt to taste
1. Heat 2 tbl spn oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds and the cloves. Then add the onions, green chilly, curry leaves and sauté until the onions become golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell goes off. Now add the tomato puree and sauté until oil separates from the edges.
3. Now add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and sauté for a minute. Then add the curd and sauté for a minute.
4. Add the boiled chickpeas and the potatoes . Add little water and salt to it. With closed lid, cook in medium flame for 5 minutes
5. After 5 minutes add 1/2-3/4 cup water and cook for another 8-10 minutes until the gravy starts bubbling.
6. Switch off the stove. Add lemon juice extracted from half lemon and sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves over the gravy.