Lady’s finger/Okra recipe: This is one recipe that goes well with any type of curry whether it’s spicy or tangy or bland…. While there are lot of variations, I’m sharing the most simple recipe with very few ingredients.
1 cup lady’s finger(cut into small pieces)
1/2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tbl spn pepper powder
1/4 tbl spn cummin powder
1/4 tbl spn fennel seeds
Salt to taste
- Heat 3 tblspn oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds
- Add the onions and saute until it becomes translucent
- Add the chopped lady’s finger, salt and sauté for a minute or so in medium flame until the stickiness goes off.
- Close with lid and cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Open the lid and give a stir. Cook in medium flame for another 2-3 minutes
- By now the lady’s finger would have reduced in size. At this stage add the pepper and cummin powder. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice & curry.
- Should always wash the lady’s finger first and then chop them
- If it sticks to pan, add 1/4 tblspn oil in between and give a stir.