Broccoli Baby Potato recipe:
It’s been a while since I posted and the thought of not updating was getting over me so much so that I wanted to come up with a recipe that’s really interesting. I decided to make broccoli baby potato side dish for sambar and rice. Here’s the recipe.
1 cup parboiled broccoli florets
1 cup parboiled baby potatoes
1/2 medium sized onion(finely chopped)
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
1/2 tspn pepper cummin powder
1/2 tblspn chilli powder
Pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Few coriander leaves
- Heat water in a vessel so that it’s hot and boiling. Switch off the sstove. Add 1/2 tspn turmeric powder, salt and the broccoli florets. Let the florets stay in the hot water for 5 minutes. Remove them and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the baby potatoes for one vessel. Peel the skin and keep them aside.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric, salt to the parboiled baby potatoes. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tblspn oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds, curry leaves and the onions. Sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the broccoli, salt, cummin pepper powder and sprinkle some water. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Gently move the broccoli to one side of the pan.
- To the other side of the pan, add half tblspn oil and then the spiced up parboiled potatoes. Stir of a minute or so – so that the chilly powder sticks firmly on the potatoes.
- Now mix the potatoes with the broccoli.
- Stir for another minute or so in high flame. Switch off the stove.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot with sambar, rasam & curd.