Egg Masala Stir Fry: Almost similar in preparation to my earlier post on egg stir fry(click here for recipe), this dish has distinct flavour and taste. It requires hard boiled egg and its an easy to make dish – goes well with steamed rice and samabar/rasam/curd. It also tastes good with roti.
4 hard boiled eggs
5-6 small onion (finely chopped)
1 large sized tomatoes (pureed)
3-4 garlic pods(finely chopped)
1/2 tspn chilli powder
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1 spicy green chillies
1/2 tspn fennel seeds
1/2 tspn cummin seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves(finely chopped)
Salt to taste
- Make slits length wise on the boiled eggs and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tblspn oil in a pan. Add the fennel seeds, cummin seeds together. Then add the garlic, green chilly and saute for half a minute.
- Now add the onions, curry leaves and sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the pureed tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and the eggs. Cook in medium flame until gravy starts to dry up. Stir in between.
- At this stage switch off the stove. Transfer the eggs to a plate. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.