Aval Khichdi/Poha breakfast recipe: Simple, nutritious and easy to make breakfast recipe for kids.
1 cup Aval/poha
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup carrot (cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup french beans (cut into small pieces)
1/4 cup potato (cut into small pieces)
1/2 medium sized onion
1 stalk of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves
1 red chilly
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1/2 tbl spn mustard seeds
1/2 tbl spn urad dal
2-3 tblspn oil
1. Wash Aval/Poha in water for 2-3 times. Add 4-5 tbl spn water to the poha and keep aside.(Do this just before you keep pan on the stove. By then the veggies get cooked, the poha would be puffed up and softer)
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. As the mustard seeds splutter add urad dal, red chilly, curry leaves, coriander leaves, onion and saute till the onion becomes translucent.
2. Add all vegetables, turmeric, salt and 1/4 cup water – close the lid and cook in medium flame for 10 minutes.
3. Once the veggies are cooked, add the puffed poha and stir them together. Add salt and lemon juice. Stir it for a minute and switch off the stove.
4. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve the Poha Khichdi as breakfast for kids.