Simple Egg Stir Fry:
A very simple preparation and doesn’t require too many ingredients. Except for boiling egg, this recipe doesn’t take much of your time. The egg stir fry serves as an excellent side for sambar or karakuzhambhu.
I have used Bangalore tomatoes but would suggest the normal sour tomatoes for this recipe. The sourness would add extra taste to the preparation.
Here’s the recipe.
3 boiled eggs
1/2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
2 medium sized tomatoes (pureed)
1/2 tspn chilli powder
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
2 green chillies
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
Few coriander leaves(finely chopped)
Salt to taste
- Make slits length wise on the boiled eggs and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tblspn oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Now add the onions, curry leaves, green chilldes and sauté until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the pureed tomatoes and sauté for a minute. Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and the eggs. Cook in medium flame until gravy starts to dry up. Stir in between.
- At this stage switch off the stove. Transfer the eggs to a plate. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.